Gas Boiler Service
Your gas boiler really requires a service on an annual basis. There are a number of reasons why:
A gas boiler that isn’t serviced could be producing Carbon Monoxide which is a highly toxic gas. This is always checked and, of course, rectified, on a service visit.
Servicing a boiler helps to makes them run more efficiently, potentially saving money because of reduced gas consumption.
The validity of a boiler manufacturer’s warranty may be dependent upon an annual inspection.
A service could pre-empt an issue that might otherwise lead to a problem and in all likelihood, a repair in the future.
A gas boiler service normally consists of:
- A visual inspection of the chimney or flue
- A check to ensure the gas rate and burner pressure are correct
- A Flue gas and combustion analysis
- A test of any safety device
- A check to ensure ventilation is correct
- The fan is lubricated and all moving parts inspected
- Any electrical connections are checked
- On room sealed appliances, we check the integrity of the case seal
- On open flue appliances, we check for any spillage of fumes
- We check the electrical safety and polarity of the boiler
A boiler that is not serviced is more likely to break down and, therefore, cost money in the future.
Call us on 0333 242 3962 to organise your gas boiler service. It will keep you safe and cost you less money in the long term.